One of the toughest things about social anxiety is that it's often not talked about, especially by the people who are struggling with it. Struggling with social anxiety can be a really tough and a really isolating journey. And when you add the layers of intense fear, judgment, and shame that often accompanies social anxiety, it can make it really hard to do even everyday things.
Sadie Hall has lots of experience with social anxiety, and she joins me on the podcast to chat about her journey with social anxiety and what she's learned along her recovery journey. And I absolutely love Sadie's approach because she shares openly and honestly what it's like to live with social anxiety, while encouraging and celebrating others for having the courage to show up scared.
Whether you consider yourself shy, introverted, socially anxious, socially awkward, or your own special mix of some or all of the above, you will find this episode to be helpful!
In this episode, we dive into:
- What social anxiety has looked like for Sadie
- The underlying fears that exist with social anxiety & what's at the core of these fears
- How social anxiety doesn't just exist at big social events
- Judgment and shame
- The similarities between social anxiety and panic disorder and agoraphobia
- Shyness versus social anxiety (what's just me versus what's social anxiety)
- What Sadie has learned along her road to recovery that's been helpful to her
Make sure to tune in and listen to the full episode for all the goodness!
HOW TO CONNECT WITH SADIE:
Podcast, peer support, social anxiety besties club, & all the things: Head here!
On Instagram: @yoursocialanxietybestie
Struggling with the symptoms and panic attacks? Sign up for my live 90 minute masterclass and learn how to find freedom from these things!
*Sign up by 11/25 and get the class for just $49.