How Minimalism Can Actually Relieve Anxiety & Support Your Mental Health With Katy Joy Wells
You might be thinking, here we go with the woo-woo talk. And trust me, I get it! But decluttering your life can go a long way in supporting your mental health. And there's actually science that shows how clutter and an excess of things directly affects your mental health and can actually increase cortisol levels (+ stress/anxiety)!
Katy Joy Wells is a mom, a declutter expert, a podcaster, and a simplifier. Through her own journey with anxiety and depression, she was led to minimalism and was able to see just how much freedom she could experience through simplifying her life. And now, Katy loves to help people to let go of their clutter, and get present, so they can actually focus on what truly matters.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Katy's journey with anxiety and depression and how it led her to minimalism
- Decluttering your life in practical terms
- What clutter does to your mental health
- Why we fill our homes and our spaces with stuff
- How clutter can be a distraction from feeling our emotions
- How to be more mindful when purchasing things
- How to start simplifying to improve your mental health
Make sure to tune in and listen to the full episode!
HOW TO CONNECT WITH KATY:
Free resources, podcast, courses, & all the things: Head here!
On Instagram: @katyjoywells